What are the different forms of Internet security available?
SSL (secure socket layer) Encryption Technology - This is the basis for all Internet security.
- SSL creates a secure point-to-point connection between your browser and another party’s server, in this case, Dry Creek Equestrian Center.
- SSL provides the following functions:
Authentication: verifies you are not visiting an imposter’s web site.
Message Privacy: All information sent between you and Dry Creek Equestrian Center is automatically encrypted.
Message Integrity: SSL is able to determine if a single character in your request has been changed so that each party knows that what they’re seeing is exactly what was sent.
There are two different levels of SSL encryption used to secure today’s Internet communications, 40-bit and 128-bit.
Which level of security does Dry Creek Equestrian Center use and why?
Dry Creek Equestrian Center has placed a great deal of effort ensuring the integrity of the data you transmit on-line to us and in preserving the confidentiality of your data. Our security procedures include:
- Dry Creek Equestrian Center uses 128-bit SSL encryption technology, the most powerful cryptographic software available today.
- Your identifiable information is not stored online - anywhere.
- Our e-mail server is SSL enabled for all correspondence received from the use of our applicant forms.
How do I know if a web site is secure?
Three quick clues you can use to determine if a web site is secure:
- The web site address begins with "https" (Secure Hyper Text Transfer Protocol) rather than the more common "http".
- The padlock in the lower left-hand corner of the navigator window of Netscape Communicator and Microsoft Internet Explorer will be closed.
- Netscape Communicator and Microsoft Internet Explorer browsers have built-in security mechanisms that notify you with a warning message before you try to send information to an unsecured site.
What does it mean when it says "This page contains both secure and insecure properties" Some of the information on this page can be viewed in transit?
This is a statement to let you know that the items such as images and text that are displayed on the page are not necessarily protected. Your FORM DATA IS ENCRYPTED and is not viewable in transit.